Welcome to Reath Rock
Since 1936…
Since 1936...

Henry Thompson bought a house at the corner of Rock End Road and Maple Lane in Northeast Harbor in 1896. Every summer the Thompson family took a train from Wilmington to Belfast, then the steamer John Wanamaker to Mount Desert Island. In 1920 Henry’s daughter, Mary, and her husband, Thomas, moved into “Cove Cottage” on Gilpatrick’s Cove. “Mimi [...]

The Big House
The Big House

The Big House was built in 1972 and has since gone through several renovations and additions. The main bedoom has a queen bed and a sitting room and looks out on Somes Sound. The other rooms have a queen and two twins, respectively. There is also a loft above the twin beds with an extra [...]

The Little House
The Little House

            The Little House was built in 1976 as a winterized alternative to the Big House. A Vermont Casting stove heats the “Winterhaus” throughout the summer and into the offseason. There is a wrap around porch, charcoal grill and full (though small) kitchen. A path near the porch stairs leads to private [...]